John Marshall Law School
315 South Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL 60604
The John Marshall Law School was founded in 1899. The school was named for the influential nineteenth century U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall. The John Marshall Law School, called “Chicago’s law school” by Mayor Richard M. Daley, offers programs for both part-time and full-time students, with both day and night classes available, and by offering January enrollment, choices most law schools no longer offer. John Marshall is located in Chicago’s central financial and legal district, most commonly known as The Loop. It is across the street from the Dirksen Federal Building, which houses the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and about four blocks from the Daley Center, which houses the Cook County Courts.